Our Kids on Technology
Youth Sharing Intimate Images and Cybersafety
Date: Wednesday, October 3rd
Time: 5:00 – 8:30 pm
Location: Best Western Inn, Bridgewater
All are welcome: Parents, youth, service providers… all caring adults!
*** Registration required: Stacey@bethepeace.ca or 902 529-2920 ***
Supper included. Assistance with childcare and transportation available- please ask us!
1. The panel presentations:
Presentations on the role of intimate image sharing in youth culture and relationships; the impacts on mental health; what parents and caring adults can do to prevent harm; legal issues and the new Cyber Safety Act; public health perspectives and LGBTQ+ youth; community strategies for support and harm reduction.
• Local youth
• Dr. Wayne MacKay, Professor Emeritus, Dalhousie Law School
• Sonya Ferrara and Lisa Greenough, N.S. Cyberscan Unit
• Dr. Ayala Gorodzinsky, Family psychologist, IWK Health Centre
• Dr. Matthew Numer, Ass’t Prof. Dalhousie School of Health and Human Performance
• Dr. Ardath Whynacht, Activist, Youth Worker, Sociology Prof. Mt. Allison University
• Others not yet confirmed
2. The conversations:
After the presentations, join the panelists for more in-depth table conversations about the topics most of interest to you. Share highlights of the conversations together- these will be compiled and sent to everyone!
Please spread the word to youth, parents, schools, colleagues, neighbours, friends!
The “Our Kids on Technology” events have been made possible with funding from: Lunenburg County Community Health Board, Municipality of District of Lunenburg, Sexual Violence Strategy Prevention Innovation Fund, and others to be confirmed.